To accomplish those many chores and tasks we need cleaning products. However, many of our products are filled with toxins and unsafe chemicals for our families. Could our families actually switch to using more Eco friendly or natural products to both help the environment and provide a safer chemical free environment for our families.
I began to search around to find out if there were ways to make Eco cleaning changes in our families. Here are the best three Go Green tips I found when it comes to our household chores to help us Go Clean but Go Green.
1. Eco Cleaning Kit: Care2 shows us how to create a NON-toxic cleaning kit. Click here for full how to instructions.
2. Cleaning uses with Vinegar:
Vinegar is a natural deodorizier and disinfectant that makes a great all purpose cleaner.
-mix 1 part water to 1 part vinegar for an all purpose cleaner that you can use on your counter tops, stove, appliances and stone and brick surfaces ( Do not use on marble)
-To get rid of toilet bowl rings pour vinegar around the inside rim of the toilet bowl and scrub till clean
-Use vinegar diluted with water to mop your bathroom and kitchen floors.
3. Cleaning uses with Baking Soda:
Baking soda is great at dissolving dirt, mildew and grease. It also works as a natural deodorizer
-Makes a great all purpose cleaner by mixing 4 tablespoons baking mix with 1 quart warm water poured in to a spray bottle shake up and you have the easy to make great all purpose cleaner that you can use on anything from the bathtub to the fridge
-The best know Baking soda use is to place a box in the refrigerator and freezer to absorb odor
-A safe way to deoderize your carpets is to sprinkle baking soda onto your carpet before vacuuming to eliminate food and pet odors.
-A great cleaning polish for metals and plastics.
How do you Go Clean but Go Green in your home?
This month 24/7 MOMS has also joined together with Scott Naturals with more great giveaways:
# 1 WIN: In honor of Earth Month, the Scott Naturals brand is challenging Americans to take an easy green step by testing out its line of hybrid paper products for four weeks – and to enter the brand’s ‘Take the 4-Week Test Drive’ sweepstakes for a chance at winning a new 2011 Ford Fusion hybrid sedan.
Starting April 4 and running through September 30, consumers can pledge to “test drive” Scott Naturals bath tissue, paper towels, flushable moist wipes and napkins by visiting www.scottbrand.com/naturals/. Scott Naturals is the world’s first line of hybrid paper products*, combining the green benefits of recycled material with the quality people want.
TO ENTER to win a new 2011 Ford Fusion hybrid sedan:
- For every unique click on the above link, Scott will donate $1 to the NWF, with up to $25,000. After you have signed up for the test drive, you can head over to http://www.scottbrand.com/community/savings/scott for some fabulous coupons for their participating products
# 2 WIN: Each week 24/7 MOMS and Scott Brand will be giving away ONE Scott Naturals Kit here on 24/7 MOMS (bath tissue, paper towel, flushable moist wipes, napkins
Enter right here for week #4 Giveaway for your chance to win:
1. Become a 24/7 MOMS Subscriber Enter your email address below then leave a comment that you subscribed along with your email address.
2. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment that you are a subscriber along with your email address.
Get Extra entries for each of the following:
- join 24/7 MOMS facebook
- follow us on twitter
- Click on http://www.ScottBrand.com/4WeekTestDrive For every unique click to this link, Scott will donate $1 to the NWF, with up to $25,00
US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on May21, 2011.
***Disclosure – This post is sponsored by Scott Naturals and TheMotherhood, however, all thoughts and opinions are my