Sunday

An Illustrated Short Love Story Poem: Love's Game

I confess I am a love story buff. In this blog post I narrate a short love story using love poems, narrative poems, illustrations and abstract art work. I hope you enjoy reading this love story poem. You can view the slideshow presentation of this illustrated love story below.



Love's Game
(A Short Love Story Poem by Injete Chesoni)

It began the way most love affairs begin
with a sweet lover’s voyage.
Making love to you was pure magic
And it formed for me a mirage.

We were totally in love
or at least I thought we were,
Until you left my heart with a gushing scar,
When that seductress cast her spell on you.
In an instant
you were gone from me
And I became nothing but a distant
memory.

You were my life’s blood
But for her you were nothing but a one-night stand.
I wish I was like her a goddess of passion and heat,
and I could leave men crawling at my feet.
I would like to leave you in embers and searing pain,
and break your heart the way you broke mine again and again.

We were so loving together
Two birds of a feather,
Taking flight on the wings of love.
But now it seems that we will never, ever
love each other again.
Because you left me for the arms of another
And I never ever want to see you again.
How can love so easily turn into hate and pain?

Then just as I thought I was over you,
we met on the beach
one warm and sunny summer's day.
One thing led to another
and we were back in love again.
It was kisses and flowers
and your sweet I love you game.
I guess I had never really fallen out of love with you
And my hate for you
turned back into love again.

We were back to been two soul mates together,
dancing the dance of love,
forever and ever
or so I thought,
but I was wrong again.
Something happened and off you went
Into the arms of another,
It seems you can never stop playing love's game.

This time I was once bitten and twice shy
and so I let you go
I vowed I would get over you
although I had no clue how.

So I did what people have done
countless times before,
and tossed myself into the arms of another
to forget my sorrow.
It worked remarkably well,
or so it seemed,
until he got serious
and went down on one knee.
Now here I am the night before my wedding
wondering is this really me?
I thought it would be you and me
But now it’s me and he.
And the seed of you and I's love
is growing inside of me.

Prologue: Swept Away
One gaze, and her mind was in a haze.
Those eyes, they took her by surprise.
When hers met his.
She had no clue, if only she knew,
it was the beginning of the end.
She never would have let him inside
her heart or head.

Chapter I: The Beginning of a Torrid Love Affair
It began the way most love affairs begin with a sweet lovers voyage.

The voyage started off calm and peaceful
And gently we drifted along
As we sailed further out
A storm started brewing
And rapidly we lost all control
~~~~~~~
Swept by the waves of passion
We were helpless in the storm
Two self-less bodies together
Making a new form
~~~~~~~
When the storm was over
We gently drifted apart
And then we came back together
Joined at the heart

Chapter II: Temptation and Infidelity
Making love to you was pure magic, and it formed for me a mirage. We were totally in love, or at least I thought we were, until you left my heart with a gushing scar. When that seductress cast her spell on you, you were gone from me in an instant. And I became nothing but a distant memory.

Her hair enticed you
Her hips seduced you.
Her backside confused you.
Her sway drew you.
~~~~~~~~~
When you walked with her
you walked in fields of fire.
When you lay with her
the flames licked your body.
When you joined with her
you were left a pile of ash.
~~~~~~~~~

Chapter III: The Seductress Left You With A Broken Heart

You were my life’s blood, But for her you were nothing but a one-night stand. She was just a promiscuous girl, out to have fun and you fell under her spell.

Dear Lord,
Protect the hearts and souls of all men
in her snare.
for she will never ever declare
her undying love for any one of them.
She is just a promiscuous girl
who loves to have fun.
An undercover lover
of all of the brothers
who blunder
and fall under
her spell.

I Wish I Was Like Her A Breaker of the Hearts of Men
I wish I was like her a goddess of passion and heat, and I could leave men crawling at my feet. I would like to leave you in embers and searing pain and break your heart the way you broke mine again and again.

Carlista the Goddess
of passion and heat
Has a searing gaze
and dancing feet.
~~~~~~~~~
With the beat of the drums
Her hips start to sway
Carlista is her name and
She has this way
Of drawing men to her
Like moths to a flame
She’s hot like fire and
Carlista is her name
~~~~~~~~~
She dances to the beat
and generates heat
With every single step
Of her feet
She has this way
Did I say sway
That renders men powerless
Like a hunter’s prey
~~~~~~~~~
Carlista burns men up with fire
and consumes them with desire
With her red hot lips
and seductive hips
She leaves men in a quagmire
~~~~~~~~~

Chapter IV: Will I Ever Love Again?
We were so loving together, Two birds of a feather, Taking flight on the wings of love, but now it seems we will never, love each other again. Because you left me for the arms of another. And I never want to see you again. Can love so easily turn into hate and pain?

The things we do
to each other in the name of self-preservation
That lead to gulfs of separation
which cannot be sealed
Even by the glue of our love for each other.

`````````
We claim we are in love
But the things we do in the name of love
Make me wonder
Are we more in love with ourselves
Than we are with each other.


Chapter V: Love Rekindled on A Warm, Sunny Summer's Day
Seasons came and went, Then just as I thought I was over you, we met on the beach one warm and sunny summer's day. One thing led to another and we were back in love again.

I am remembering
Sunsets and blue skies
And your eyes
Gazing into mine

I am remembering
Gentle warm breezes
And sweet kisses
As your lips met mine

I am remembering
The sound of ocean waves
As you whispered sweet nothings
Into my ears

I am remembering
Pitch black nights and starry skies
And your soft sighs
As your thighs met mine

I am remembering
(sigh)
Love As it was
Sweet
Love on the beach

Chapter VI: Love's Game
It was back to kisses and flowers and your sweet I love you game. I guess I had never really fallen out of love with you, And my hate for you turned back into love again. We were back to been two soul mates together, Birds of a feather dancing the dance of love, forever and ever.

Chapter VII: But You Can't Stop Playing Love's Game
Or so I thought, but I was wrong again. Something happened and off you went, Into the arms of another, it seems you can never stop playing love's game. This time I was once bitten and twice shy, and so I let you go. I vowed I would get over you, although I had no clue how.

Chapter VIII: Love on the Rebound

So I did what people have done countless times before, and tossed myself into the arms of another to forget my sorrow. It worked remarkably well, or so it seemed, until he got serious and went down on one knee. And now here I am the night before my wedding, wondering is this really me?











Chapter IX: The Final Chapter

I thought it would be you and me, But now it’s me
and he. And the seed of you and I's love is growing inside of me.


I sit here knowing, that I am a step away
from changing my life forever.
I ask myself am I ready,
to leave all that I have known behind,
and forge into the future.
I ask am I ready,
to throw all caution to the wind,
and entwine my life so closely with that of another.
I begin to hesitate
and on the eve of change,
I want to hold time still for a moment.
I cannot go back, but I am so afraid to go forward.
Yet, I know that time will not wait for me.
And on the eve of change I realize
I must move forward with time,
or time will leave me behind.

The End.

Poems Used To Narrate Love's Game, Short Love Story Poem
:

  1. Love's Game: A Short Love Story Poem by Injete Chesoni.
  2. Swept Away: A Short Love Poem by Injete Chesoni.
  3. Lovers Voyage: A Short Love Poem by Injete Chesoni.
  4. Devil In A Red Dress: Poetry Art and Seduction Poem by Injete Chesoni.
  5. Promiscuous Girl: A Short Poem by Injete Chesoni.
  6. Carlista the Goddess of Passion and Heat: A Story Poem by Injete Chesoni.
  7. Separation: A Sad Love Poem by Injete Chesoni.
  8. Love on the Beach: Romantic Love Poems and Beach Poems by Injete Chesoni.
  9. On the Eve of Change: A Marriage and Life Change Poem by Injete Chesoni.

Illustrations Used In Love's Game, Short Love Story Poem
:
  1. Fused Flames of Love: Abstract Metal Art by Injete Chesoni.
  2. Devil In A Red Dress: Female Figure Art by Injete Chesoni.
  3. Carlista: Female Nude Art and Figure Art by Injete Chesoni.
  4. Separation: Figure Art by Injete Chesoni.
  5. Sea of Ecstasy: Nude Art and Romantic Art by Injete Chesoni.
  6. Dancing Flames of Love: Abstract Metal Art by Injete Chesoni.
  7. Scribbles: Abstract Metal Art by Injete Chesoni.
  8. Bride Illustration: Figure Art by Injete Chesoni.

No comments:

Post a Comment